There is no denying the fact that people find prawns scrumptious. While it is so, prawns are considered to be stunning carriers of daily nutrition. Like all other seafood, they are loaded with protein, are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, provide an essential dosage of daily cholesterol and are a remarkable source of daily vitamins and minerals. The recipe we are going to discuss here could be complemented with rice and is a great companion for your summer when on a vacation to the sea side. Let us find out how Grilled King Prawns is brought about.
The time required
This Filipino cuisine takes you on a tour directly to the beach for a total time of just 18 minutes. Of this, preparation requires about 10 minutes while the cook time takes up to 8 minutes. The end product would be enough to serve three people.
The ingredients required
Arrange for the following items to make sure you are easy to move further with this recipe.
- About 3 pieces of king prawns(would make up to 200 grams)
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- A quarter cup filled with vegetables that have been frozen and thawed
- A teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- Some pepper and salt
When you are sure about these ingredients on your kitchen shelf, you may consider taking a step forward toward making Grilled King Prawns.
The cooking process
We try our best to bring the process to you in steps. If you stick to the steps mentioned herewith, you would end with a perfect blend of all the ingredients aforementioned. Let us now see how this recipe is brought about.
- You need to wash the prawns and clean them up before considering cooking them. Do this by removing the beak and antennae.
- Without getting rid of the shell, on the back, carve a slit and remove all the veins inside.
- After having done this, open the prawn up.
- Season the prawn with pepper and salt.
- Use the extra virgin olive oil to brush your prawn.
- Fire up your charcoal grill.
- Transfer the prawn over on to the grates of the grill(oil the grates before doing this).
- While the prawns are being grilled, prepare your sauces.
- Blend together lemon juice, lemon zest and butter to create a lemon sauce.
- Stir the ingredients well and garnish with parsley.
- Grab your frozen vegetables and place them in a pan with butter over heat. Let these vegetables heat up for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish these vegetables with pepper and salt.
- With this, your Grilled King Prawn is ready to be served.
- Use the lemon sauce and buttered vegetables to serve with the prawn.
- Or optionally, you may even complement it with some rice.
Hence, the process comes to an end. It is advisable that you do try this recipe at home. Don’t just wait for anything, get up!