If anything is common in everybody’s happiness, it is pizza. And, grilling the pizza results in cent percent enhanced flavors and complements your summer almost perfectly. What else? It has cheese, loads of cheese. This must be enough to tickle your taste buds so much that you consider bringing it to your platter. You may even ponder making it on a grill in your patio on weekends. So, without articulating more blurbs, let us sneak a peek into the recipe and introspect its nuances with the guide that follows. Let us go then.
The time required
A 9-inch pizza capable of serving two people should take up to an hour to pull off. This is nearly an apt amount to spend preparing something so succulent. You will enjoy this ride and the destination will soothe your senses.
The ingredients required
There sure is a bunch of things you are going to need in order to complete the process of cooking a great pizza. Let us see what this bunch of things is:
- A charcoal grill of 22 ½ inches
- Some flour; may be used for dusting
- About 6-8 basil leaves, medium sized and torn
- Form a pizza dough into two balls
- 6 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons full of olive oil, extra virgin(some extra for oiling the grates)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- A pound worth of plum tomatoes
When these things are ready on your kitchen shelf, you are ready to move forward with the grilling procedure.
The cooking procedure
Here is an elaborate guide to stand beside you while you carry on with the process of cooking. Here it goes:
- In your tomatoes, carve an X shaped indentation into its opposite ends.
- Bathe these tomatoes in boiling water for about 10 seconds.
- Immediately transfer to a container of cold water and then peel them.
- Chop these tomatoes and mix them up with 2 tablespoons of oil and salt.
- Simmer this mixture on medium heat, while stirring frequently. Do this for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now mix with mozzarella and the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Here, your sauce is ready.
- Use your dough and lay it on the surface strewn with flour.
- Gently give it a round shape of 9 inches diameter using your fingertips.
- Fire up your grill using some charcoal and open the vents on all sides.
- Create a region of indirect heat in the middle of the grill. This region should have a diameter of about 9 inches.
- Preheat the grill on high flame for about 10 minutes and then lower down the flame to medium.
- Use some oil to lightly brush the pizza dough.
- Carefully place this round in the middle of the grill where you created the indirect heat zone.
- Let the dough spend about 4-6 minutes on the charcoal grill.
- Turn over the pizza crust and use your ingredients for toppings.
- Pour half of your tomato sauce on to the crust, leaving out a border at the edge of half an inch.
- Now use mozzarella cheese to sprinkle over the layer of sauce.
- Transfer the pizza back to the grill, cover with the lid and cook for about 5 minutes on the charcoal grill.
- Use basil to garnish your pizza.
Done! Arguably the happiest recipe on the planet has been brought about.
Now must not sit and stare at this recipe. Get going!