Sweet potatoes not only mesmerize you with its quintessential but also carry an idiosyncratic package of nutrition. This ensures that your winter days are loaded with flavor and nutrition at the same time. What’s more? Grab that grill of yours and place it on your patio under the bright sunny skies and grill sweet potatoes to further enhance the flavor.
Furthermore, this recipe is a cinch and hardly takes time. That must be enough to give you an incentive to work towards this recipe. Well, let us see how that incentive could be turned into some work with this guide.
The time required
There is not much to haggle about in here. The recipe is easy to everything yet delightful to the tongue. To mention, this recipe takes about 20 minutes for preparation and about 10 minutes for cooking. This adds up to a total time of about 30 minutes.
The required ingredients
A little package from the departmental store would make this recipe more conducive. Here is a list to take with you on a short trip to the departmental store. Or better, you could find all these things right in your kitchen.
- About 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- Some salt
- Some kosher salt
- About 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons filled with lemon juice or fresh lime
- A teaspoon full of lemon zest
- A quarter cup full of cilantro, fresh and finely chopped(include stems)
With this salvo procured, you are ready to move forward with your grilled sweet potatoes.
The cooking procedure
Not one hell of a process, this recipe is fairly easy and literally a cinch. Let us see how would be going about it.
- Fire up your grill and let it heat for some time, having set it up for direct heat.
- As the grill is being heated up, move over to your sweet potatoes. Peel them and slice them long, carving them into pieces ¼ inch thick.
- In a little bowl, mix together cilantro, lemon zest, a ¼ cup full of extra virgin olive oil and salt. This will compose your dressing.
- Brush the sweet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle some kosher salt on them.
- Transfer the contents to the grill.
- Carefully lower down the lid of the grill.
- Continue grilling for about 3 to 6 minutes on each side or as long as grill marks appear. The time taken would vary according to the grill.
- When the sweet potatoes are properly grilled, mix them up the seasoning and toss together in a small bowl.
- Serve immediately with sweet potatoes taste better when hot.
Here, you are pretty much done with your recipe of Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges. Now you may enjoy a great winter day with your family, out under the sky, munching on succulent grilled sweet potato wedges. Moreover, there is no question of brutality on animals.
Winter may make you lethargic but it is futile to read up on recipes without turning them into reality. So you should get going!