Jalapeno poppers are known for their eclectic taste. The important ingredient in these is pork. And, pork has several health benefits owing to its nutrient rich delight apart from being a hot favorite with many meat lovers around the world. In this recipe, we tend to combine the world of cheese with that of jalapenos and pork. The end product is a lovely appearing delicacy that has been smoked over your favorite wood(hickory in this recipe). Let us not waste much time in discussing facts when a more engrossing recipe is to follow.
The time required
Since the recipe includes pork as well, the total time it would ask of you would seem a tad too much. However, as long as the end product is delectable, other things are all worth it. Anyway, the preparation would keep you involved for about 30 minutes whereas, the cooking process would require an hour and 15 minutes.
The required ingredients
The following ingredients may compose a bunch you would require on your kitchen shelf before you carry on with the recipe:
- 12 slices of bacon
- 12 pieces of jalapeno peppers
- A slice or two of bread
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Some hickory wood to create your favorite smoke
With these items ready, you may proceed with the process of smoking without any further quibbles. Let us go on and find out more.
The cooking process
The ingredients ready and a gleam in your eyes anticipating some good food, the following steps are ready to be adopted:
- Remove the tops of jalapenos. Run down a fork or spoon with its end into the jalapenos.
- With this, gut out the seeds within. You may need to perform this for a couple of times in order to ensure a cleaner cavity.
- Blend together cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a blender. Beat them together for about a minute to ensure a proper mixture.
- In the cavity that you carved inside the jalapenos, pour the mixture created in the above step.
- Use bread to clog the openings at the ends of a jalapeno. You could do this by tearing a little piece of bread and pushing it into the open ends. This would invariably help in keeping the cheese inside the jalapenos.
- Use the slices of bacon to wrap around the jalapeno peppers. Wrap them up, starting from the bottom and circling with bacon all the way up, toward the top.
- This craft can be secured with the help of a toothpick.
- Load the hickory wood chips in your electric smoker.
- Fire up the grill to a temperature of about 200 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers on to the grill.
- The grilling process should be completed in about an hour and a half.
- To check if the poppers are properly grilled, make a few extra ones and try them while the smoking process continues.
With this, your Jalapeno Poppers are done.
There are no apparent reasons for you to keep on waiting. Just get up and make it!