Seafood carries with it a charm of its own. The nutritional values are just the icing on the cake. However, this icing on the cake is responsible for the health of your body. Fishes are rich in omega 3 salts and are loaded with some essential vitamins and minerals as well. Then, there is the process of smoking which carries an inexplicable tendency to enhance the flavor of just anything. When it comes to grilling at home, some may become apprehensive but the process is fairly simple and is so easy of carrying out. Here, we take a look at how that can be done.
The time required
Here, we would be considering smoking and grilling trout. This recipe would require a total time of about 3-4 hours. While this may add to the restraint of smoking at home, rest assured that the process would be simple when you follow this guide.
The ingredients required
When shopping for your culinary items, do bear in mind to collect the list that follows.
- One and quarter pounds of boneless trout, whole(would make about 1 ¼ pounds)
- Some vegetable oil for oiling the grates of grill
- Some apple wood chips or wood trimmings
- Two boned trout fillets, skin-on(each has to be 8 ounces)
- Some coarse salt
- A cup filled with brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- Last but not the least, 2 cups full of water
With these items occupying your kitchen shelf, you are all set to move forward with your recipe.
The cooking process
It is a pretty tidy process if you stick to what the following steps say.
- Mix half a cup of salt and some sugar in water. This is your brine.
- Place your trout in a container with the brine.
- Push this in a refrigerator and let it remain there for about 2 hours.
- Fire up your charcoal grill to a medium flame.
- Create heat zones on the grill.
- In the heat zone that is indirect, under the grill grate, place a drip pan.
- Soak some wood chips in water and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add these wood chips to the coal of the grill.
- Now start off with the process of smoking the trout on your grill.
- This is done by placing the trout in a grill basket that has been oiled lightly.
- Transfer this to the grill rack ensuring that it is placed over the dripping pan.
- If you are using trout fillets, you must go on to smoke for about 10-15 minutes.
- However, if the whole of trout is used, ensure that you smoke for no longer than 8-10 minutes before flipping the basket once.
- Now go on to smoke until the fish is properly cooked though not dry.
- Serve on the platter.
See. The process was pretty simple. You could try this at home. You should try this at home. You would try this at home!